These cocktail nuts are my lower carb take an a snack I picked up while traveling recently. The maple and rosemary combo was just too tempting to resist. The pre-packaged nuts weren’t overly sweet, despite the use of real maple syrup. So I tried to emulate that by adding just a touch of sweetener to my version. The result was a salty, addictive snack with just a hint of sweetness.
Maple Rosemary Cocktail Nuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp maple extract
- 2 tbsp Swerve Sweetener or other granulated erythritol
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large rimmed baking with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almonds, pecans and walnuts. In a small bowl, combine melted butter and maple extract. Add to nut mixture and toss to combine.
- Add sweetener, rosemary and sea salt and toss to combine. Spread in a single layer over prepared baking pan and bake 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove and let cool before serving.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.