As far as I am concerned, frittatas should be a staple in everyone’s diet. They are easy to make, infinitely adaptable, and delicious to boot. You can also tailor them easily to size, depending on how many you plan to serve. These mini bacon & kale frittatas are just right for two people, but you could easily make four, six, even twelve!
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 ounces kale leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two 1 cup capacity ramekins well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and remove all but 2 tbsp of the bacon fat. Add kale to the pan and sauté until just tender.
- Divide kale between ramekins and sprinkle with bacon and Gruyere. Divide egg mixture between ramekins.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until frittatas are puffed and fully set.
- Remove and serve in ramekins or let cool a few minutes and flip out onto plates.