This mini caprese salad recipe is the easiest summer salad to prepare. In less than five minutes you can create a dish that is delicious and elegant. One of our favorite things about caprese salad is that its flavors are so pizza-like. What we’ve got here, then, are all the right flavors in a dish that’s gluten free, sugar free, fresh, fragrant, simple, and looks beautiful on the table. Mini caprese salad is a winner, and the perfect thing to eat on a hot, end of summer evening.
- 1 pound firm red cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 8 oz. container of mini mozzarella balls (like Ciliegine Fresh Mozzarella from Trader Joe’s)
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place the quartered cherry tomatoes in a bowl.
- Drain the mozzarella balls and add to the tomatoes. Using your hands, tear the basil leaves into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss and serve.