Fun with a can of tuna! These adorable mini pepper tuna melts are the perfect low carb finger food. They are easy, fun to make, and kids love them. They can be a healthy appetizer or part of a full meal.
Mini Pepper Tuna Melts
- 1 5-ounce can tuna, drained
- 3 to 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 8 mini peppers, cut in half and seeded (leave the stems intact)
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking pan or broiling pan with tin foil or parchment.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, and lemon pepper. Mix well, breaking up the tuna with a fork. Add more mayonnaise to taste.
- Divide the tuna among the prepared mini pepper halves. Top with cheddar cheese, breaking up the slices to fit the shapes of the peppers.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is nicely melted.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.