These fun and kid-friendly mini pizza muffins are a welcome break from the sweet variety. Chock full of diced pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, they make a perfect after-school snack. Serve them on their own or with some low sugar marinara sauce for dipping.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp unflavoured whey protein
- 1 tbsp pizza seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup diced pepperoni
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a mini muffin pan very well or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, whey protein powder, pizza seasoning, baking powder, garlic powder and salt. Stir in cheese and pepperoni.
- Whisk in eggs, butter and almond milk until well combined. Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. You will have leftover batter and will need to do a second batch.
- Bake 17 to 20 minutes, until muffins are golden brown and just firm to the touch. Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with no sugar added marinara sauce.