Traditionally the Mediterranean salad is made of finely chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, mint and parsley – and the finer the chopping, the better the salad.
Our updated version is colorful and wonderfully crunchy, thanks to the radishes and carrots.
Feel free to add other vegetables or omit any, according to your taste.
Modern Mediterranean Salad
- 1 medium tomato (firm)
- 1 large cucumber
- 2-3 small radishes
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1/2 red pepper, cleaned
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 handful mint leaves, chopped
- 1-2 lemons
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Finely chop all of the vegetables and combine in a bowl. Squeeze the lemon juice over the salad add the olive oil, the salt and pepper, toss and serve.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.