We’re big fans of Casual Kitchen, a food blog focused on food philosophy, money-saving ideas and easy and inexpensive recipes. So we’re very glad its author, Daniel Koontz, is sharing his Moroccan carrot salad recipe with us. Daniel says this is “a real crowd-pleaser, it sets a new world record for laughable cheapness, and you can make it in just 10 minutes! Once you’ve tried this flavorful and memorable dish, you’ll never go back to plain old boring cooked carrots.” – Jessica Apple
- 5-6 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into nickels
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Small handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook the carrots in boiling water for about 3-4 minutes, drain and rinse with cool water.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and combine with carrots. Serve warm or chilled.
*Photo courtesy of Casual Kitchen.