There really aren’t enough companies out there putting out truly healthy, low carb energy bars. It’s a huge hole in the market and I can’t understand why someone isn’t filling that void. Hmmm, maybe that will be my next business move? Well, these no bake brownie bars are a start and I am giving you the recipe right here!
No Bake Chocolate Brownie Energy Bars
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup unflavoured protein powder (chocolate would work too)
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour (make sure it’s fine grind)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 to 5 tbsp water water
- 2 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- Line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter and avocado oil. Stir well to combine. Add cocoa powder, protein powder, sweetener, vanilla extract, almond flour, and chopped nuts. Stir well to combine.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time until mixture resembles a stiff, cohesive dough. Press evenly into prepared pan. To really smooth the top, add another layer of parchment or waxed paper and press firmly into pan with a flat-bottomed glass or measuring cup.
- Cut into squares or long bars.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
I’ve been wanting to make this for a while and just did. GREAT recipe. Thank you.