It’s December, which means it’s officially “Peppermint Season”. This season is not specific to any holiday and often lasts well into March. When the temperatures are low and the weather is dreary, peppermint is the perfect antidote. And if you happen to combine it with chocolate, all the better. These peppermint cheesecake bars are easy to make and require no baking. A perfect start to Peppermint Season!
No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake Bars
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- Sweetener equivalent to 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tbsp whipping cream, room temperature
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Red food colouring to taste (use natural food colouring if possible)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Sweetener equivalent to 2 tbsp sugar (powdered or liquid sweetener works best)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- 4 sugar-free peppermints, crushed (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, and melted butter until well combined. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9×9 (or 8×8) inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sweetener until smooth. Beat in sour cream, whipping cream, and extracts until combined.
- Add red food colouring and beat until desired colour is achieved (I use India Tree natural food dyes).
- Carefully spread filling over crust.
- In a medium bowl, beat whipping cream with sweetener and vanilla until it holds stiff peaks. Spread over filling.
- Chill cheesecake for at least 3 hours, until set. Drizzle with melted chocolate and crushed candies, if desired.
- Cut into 16 bars. Or cut into smaller bites for a holiday dessert tray.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
Making this tonight! Can’t wait! I’ll come back to let you know my results. Happy upcoming New Year 2021!
For the cream cheese, is that 28 ounces or 2- 8 ounce packages??
Made these yesterday and just had to comment about how good they taste. You cannot tell these are low carb.
Another home run Carolyn! Took to work Christmas pitch-in. Totally gone in minutes. Word got around it was low carb, no one could believe it. Sent this recipe out to several people. You are my dessert go to. Thank you for all you and other keto cooks go through to give us the ability to keep doing keto. BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY who give so much time and effort to this.