Nut-free low carb muffins! These easy and delicious blueberry coconut muffins can also be made dairy free simply by using coconut oil instead of butter. Make these for a great breakfast!
Nut Free, Low Carb Blueberry Coconut Muffins
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unflavored whey or egg white protein powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup toasted shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a muffin pan with silicone or parchment muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, sweetener, protein powder, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the eggs, butter, 1/3 cup of the water, and the vanilla extract. If your batter is very thick, stir in more water, 1 tbsp at a time (low carb batters are thicker than their convention counterparts. It should be scoopable but not pourable).
- Gently fold in the blueberries and divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops with the toasted coconut and press lightly to adhere.
- Bake about 25 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool 15 minutes before serving.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.