Adapted from Divalicious Recipes in the City.
There are a lot of almond flour bread recipes out there, but most of them contain some form of sweetener – natural, or artificial. I have been looking for a way to make almond flour bread without sweetener and when I came across this recipe, it looked perfect. The only problem was that I often find baked goods with almond flour a little bit bland. So I decided to add cheese and basil to the recipe, which gives this bread a rich flavor that I love. I can eat this bread on its own when I get a bread craving (yes, it still happens). It also makes a good sandwich bread. You can dip it in tomato soup, too.
- 3 1/2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup natural yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease the insides of a loaf tin with butter.
- Mix the almond flour, Parmesan, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Mix in the butter and yogurt.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and then add to rest of the mixture.
- Add the basil and mix well.
- Put the dough into the loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan, remove and serve.