If it’s hard for you to resist sweets on regular days, then Valentine’s Day is probably even harder. While we don’t usually post dessert recipes or recipes with natural or artificial sweeteners, sometimes you have to make an exception. Sometimes you just have to celebrate with chocolate. This recipe from All Day I Dream About Food is low carb, gluten free, and totally delicious.Recipe and photo courtesy of Carolyn of All Day I Dream About Food.
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (preferably natural)
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol
- 16 drops stevia extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup peanut flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 bar Lindt 85% cacao chocolate
- For the filling, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place butter and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and melt together in the microwave, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in erythritol, stevia and vanilla. Add peanut flour in three batches, stirring to combine well each time. Dough will get quite stiff towards the end.
- Working with about 1/2 a tablespoon at a time, roll dough between palms into round balls. Place on baking sheet and freeze until very firm, about 1 hour
- For the coating, melt butter and chocolate together in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Using a toothpick, spear peanut butter balls one at a time and dip into chocolate. Tap lightly against the side of the pan to remove excess chocolate. Place back on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining balls and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- You will end up with leftover melted chocolate but you need to have enough to be able to dip the balls properly.
*This recipe doesn’t require any bulk from the sweetener so you could really sweeten it any way you like – liquid sucralose, just stevia, or granulated Splenda.