I love nothing more than making eye-catching holiday desserts. Ones that trick the eye into thinking it’s an unhealthy, high carb treat. I am pretty sure this peppermint bundt cake fits that description nicely. It got rave reviews from the kids and from my husband’s work out buddies And it can be made completely dairy-free too, just skip the white chocolate drizzle.
- 2 cups almond flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup egg white protein powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 ounce sugar-free white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- optional: 2 sugar-free peppermint candies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a large bundt pan very well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk in eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, and peppermint extract until well combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking pan and smooth the top. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until cake is firm to the touch. Remove and let cool 15 minutes, then flip out onto a serving platter to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the chopped chocolate and coconut oil. Stir until melted and smooth. Stir in peppermint extract and drizzle over cake.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine white chocolate and coconut oil. Heat on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
- Sprinkle cake with crushed peppermint candies.