I know that chicken can get boring sometimes, but there is nothing boring about this dish, which I discovered on Whole Foods Market website. It has so much flavor and the seasoned paste keeps the chicken perfectly moist. This is one of my new favorite ways to roast chicken!
- 1 ½ tsp olive oil, plus more for oiling the pan
- 1 ½ Tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 ½ Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 chicken, cut into 10 serving pieces
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Oil a large roasting pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar and oil to make a paste.
- Place onions in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the paste. Rub chicken pieces with remaining paste and place in prepared pan then cover with onions, peppers and lemon.
- Roast, basting occasionally with pan juices, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are very tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.