This rich green-colored salad dressing combines the traditional pesto flavors of basil, garlic, and Parmesan cheese with the light flavors of lemon and white wine vinegar. The dressing is perfect on a bowl of mixed greens.
Pesto Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 ½ cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh, finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 3 Tsp red or white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp finely grated lemon zest
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Put the basil, olive oil, Parmigiano Reggiano, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and lemon zest into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.