It’s May already and the warm weather no longer feels like such a distant prospect. We’ve already had some hot stretches in the Pacific Northwest, foretelling of another long, hot, dry summer. Which means plenty of popsicles and ice cream will be consumed! These low carb Pina Colada popsicles are delicious and can be made “virgin” or “alcoholic”. Just note that the ones with rum do melt quickly on a hot day!
- 11 ounces full fat coconut milk (I used the Culinary Coconut milk from So Delicious)
- 1 cup full fat Greek yogurt (for dairy free use unsweetened coconut milk yogurt)
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar (powdered or liquid sweeteners work best here)
- 1/2 tsp pineapple extract
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 cup white rum (optional, for “adult” popsicles)
- In a blender or food processor, combine the coconut milk, yogurt, pineapple chunks, sweetener, extracts, and rum if using. Blend until smooth.
- Divide mixture between popsicles molds.
- Freeze for 1 hour, then gently insert sticks about two thirds into the popsicles.
- Continue to freeze until firm, at least another 2 hours.