Who needs noodles when you have finely shredded cabbage? It’s low carb, packed with nutrients and adds just the right texture and flavor to Asian dishes. This particular dish features pork tenderloin, eggs, and shiitake mushrooms stir fried with shredded cabbage in a spicy sauce. It’s flavorful and satisfying enough that you won’t miss the noodles or the rice.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp cooking oil, divided
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together water, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, arrowroot starch and pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium high heat. Add pork and stir-fry until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer pork to a plate.
- Add eggs to pan and cook until just set, about 1 minute. Transfer to plate with pork.
- Add remaining oil and stir fry mushrooms with a little salt and pepper until tender. Transfer to plate with pork.
- Add shredded cabbage to the pan with a little more salt and stir-fry until tender and slightly wilted, but not soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Return pork, eggs and mushrooms to the pan. Add sauce and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.