What makes this a breakfast cookie rather than a regular cookie? Well…not much, truth be told. They are a little bigger than regular cookies and maybe a little less sweet. And they are soft and tender, as well as dairy-free and nut-free. Really, any excuse to eat cookies for breakfast, right?
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone liner.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in the pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and water until mixture resembles cookie dough. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form dough into 10 even balls and place a few inches apart on baking sheet. Press down with then palm of your hand to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until firm to the touch.