This Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream is quite possibly my favorite dessert, and it’s absolutely guiltless—frozen or not. It’s healthy, delicious, highly evocative of comforting sweets, and very low in sugar.
- 2 cups carrot juice (fresh if possible, bottled if not)
- 3/4 cup chopped butternut squash
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 – 3/4 packet of stevia
- generous sprinkle of cinnamon
- small sprinkle of nutmeg
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender till smooth and creamy. Freeze it overnight. When you’re ready to eat, let it soften (you can throw it in a food processor or Vitamix to give it a soft-serve texture if it’s gotten a little icy).
- If you don’t have a high speed blender or Vitamix, you could substitute steamed squash for raw and use a regular blender.