This Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream is quite possibly my favorite dessert, and it’s absolutely guiltless—frozen or not. It’s healthy, delicious, highly evocative of comforting sweets, and very low in sugar.
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- 2 cups carrot juice (fresh if possible, bottled if not)
- 3/4 cup chopped butternut squash
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 – 3/4 packet of stevia
- generous sprinkle of cinnamon
- small sprinkle of nutmeg
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender till smooth and creamy. Freeze it overnight. When you’re ready to eat, let it soften (you can throw it in a food processor or Vitamix to give it a soft-serve texture if it’s gotten a little icy).
- If you don’t have a high speed blender or Vitamix, you could substitute steamed squash for raw and use a regular blender.
Copyright © 2009-2016 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.