Got leftover pumpkin puree from your holiday baking? Don’t let it go to waste! This low carb Pumpkin Spice Granola makes a hearty breakfast and it’s egg-free!
Pumpkin Spice Granola
- 1 1/3 cups mixed raw nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts)
- 2/3 cup mixed raw seeds (sunflower seeds and shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 300F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the nuts, seeds, and flaked coconut. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely ground with some bigger pieces still remaining.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the almond flour, sweetener, pumpkin pie spices and salt. Add the pumpkin puree and melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet and bake 30 to 40 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden. Turn of the oven and let the granola sit inside for another 10 to 20 minutes, watching carefully so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove and let cool.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.