So potatoes are off limits now that you’ve started a low carb diet. Radishes to the rescue! Okay, they don’t taste exactly like potatoes and they don’t have the same texture. But roasted radishes can be very tasty in their own right and make a great healthy side dish.
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 lb red radishes (weigh with the leaves and stems cut off), cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 425F. In a small bowl, whisk together the dill, salt, parsley, garlic, pepper and onion powder.
- In a large bowl, toss the radishes with the avocado oil. Sprinkle with the seasoning and toss to combine well.
- Spread the radishes on a baking sheet (you can line with foil, but I find they brown better when cooked right on the baking sheet).
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until radishes are fork tender.