Nothing says Happy Valentine’s Day like a rich, gooey chocolate dessert for two. And nothing is gooier than molten chocolate cake! But why not jazz it up a little with a center of sweet raspberries, oozing out along with the chocolate? Now that’s romantic.
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp water
- Sweetener equivalent to 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- Sweetener equivalent to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- In a small saucepan, combine the raspberries, and water. Bring to a simmer and cook until the berries are soft enough to be mashed with a fork, about 4 minutes. Mash them up and stir in sweetener. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease 2 small ramekins (1/2 cup capacity) very well. Double grease with both butter and coconut oil, if possible.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt and chocolate together until smooth. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Stir in almond flour.
- Divide about 2/3 of the batter between prepared ramekins. Divide the raspberry filling between them and then top with the remaining batter.
- Bake about 15 to 18 minutes, until the sides are set and the middle just barely jiggles when shaken. Remove and let cool 5 to 10 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife around the edges of each cake. Place a plate upside down over each ramekin and invert. Holding the plate and ramekin firmly, give each cake a good shake until it comes free of the ramekin.
- Serve as is or with lightly sweetened whipped cream or low carb ice cream.