The cucumber’s flesh is comprised primarily of water, so it has very few calories, and helps keep you hydrated. Its peel is an excellent source of fiber. This refreshing cucumber salad is great at any time of the day, but it makes an especially good breakfast side dish. You can try it on a weekend morning when you have a little extra time. It’s perfect with an omelet.
- 1 pound cucumbers quartered and sliced (If the cucumbers are waxed, be sure to peel them).
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and coarsely ground pepper to taste
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl and toss