I am more than a little obsessed with roasted broccoli at the moment. It’s so easy to make and my whole family loves it, so I’ve been making it a few times a week. For this recipe, I decided to jazz it up a bit with crumbled bacon and a rich, creamy alfredo sauce. This might be my new favorite low carb side dish!
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss broccoli with oil, salt and pepper. Spread out in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Roast 20 to 30 minutes, depending on how dark you like it.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low, add the cream, pepper, and salt and bring to just a simmer. Add Parmesan and continue to cook until thickened, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add broccoli and bacon to pot. Stir to combine.