Broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables, and this roasted broccoli recipe is my all-time favorite way of preparing it. It’s easy enough to be part of a weeknight meal but special enough to make a perfect side dish for Thanksgiving. If you’re still trying to come up with side dishes for Thanksgiving dinner, or if you’ll be serving vegetarians, roasted broccoli is a great choice.
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds broccoli, cut into long spears and stems peeled
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mash the butter with the garlic and cheese until smooth; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the broccoli spears on a large rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring once, until the broccoli is crisp-tender and browned on the bottom.
- Preheat the broiler. Drop small spoonfuls of the butter mixture all over the roasted broccoli. Broil 6 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until the butter is golden in spots. Transfer the roasted broccoli to a platter and serve.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.