When we find ourselves in the depths of winter, often under a blanket of snow, there is nothing like escaping the cold of the outside by hurrying into a warm house where we feel the warmth of the fireplace and are greeted by the smells of an oven roasted meal.
This dish plays to three of the senses. First, the smell welcomes you in from the cold and brings you to the table. The sight of it heightens the anticipation and finally the delicious taste makes the long, cold winter seem almost worth it! Luckily for the cook, it’s as simple to make as it is delicious to eat…
- 1 lb any variety sausages (pork, chicken or turkey)
- 2 red peppers, cored and sliced
- 2 green peppers, cored and sliced
- 2 large onions, sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss onions and peppers with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan with olive oil. Arrange sausages on the bottom of the pan and top with the onions and peppers.
- Bake for 1 hour or until vegetables are softened and onions have browned slightly. Serve with a green salad.