When my husband mentioned last year that he wanted to throw a Super Bowl party, I was thrilled, not because I’m an avid football fan (I really just watch for the commercials), but because I couldn’t wait to plan the menu. I took a little gamble on these because I had never made them before but there were definitely a hit. They are hot (but could be mellowed a bit by using a banana pepper or something else along that same level of spiciness). No one seemed to mind, however, even as tears streamed down their cheeks.
Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 lb large jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 lb bacon, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 425. Brown sausage over medium heat; drain grease.
- In a bowl, mix the sausage, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of sausage mixture into each jalapeno half.
- Wrap one half bacon slice around jalapeno and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Arrange stuffed halves in baking dishes.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
For more great low carb Super Bowl snacks see here.