Salads are a big part of our diet, and we love Kalyn’s Kitchen because she has a fantastic collection of salad recipes. You can search for salads by ingredient on her blog, and she’s got just about every vegetable covered. Kalyn also has wonderful meals and side dishes. This dish of sautéed spinach with Parmesan and pine nuts struck me as a perfect recipe for ASweetLife. Thank you, Kalyn for sharing this with us. – Jessica Apple
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1 T plus 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- (or slightly more, depending on your pan)
- about 1 tsp. best quality balsamic vinegar (or more to taste)
- salt, fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 T freshly grated Parmesan cheese (coarsely grated is best)
- 2 T toasted pine nuts
- Wash spinach well, trimming off stems if they seem thick. (I used a salad spinner to wash the spinach and spin it dry.)
- In large heavy frying pan or wok, heat 1 T olive oil over medium heat, add spinach and saute 2-3 minutes, stirring several times so all spinach is wilted and slightly cooked. Don’t overcook.
- Turn off heat, drizzle over remaining 2 tsp. olive oil and balsamic vinegar, season with salt and freshly ground pepper, and stir to coat spinach.
- Put spinach on serving platter, grate desired amount of Parmesan cheese over and sprinkle with pine nuts.
*photo courtesy of Kalyn’s Kitchen