Zucchini and feta are a match made in heaven and are wonderful together in savory muffins. Pair these with your favorite salad or some warm soup. Or just slather them with butter and eat them for breakfast. If you’re not a feta fan, swap in some grated cheddar cheese instead. My kids loved the mini muffins I made with the leftover batter!
Savory Feta Zucchini Muffins
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unflavored whey protein
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or whole milk
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- Place zucchini in a sieve or colander and sprinkle with salt. Toss to combine and let drain 1 hour. Press on zucchini to squeeze out much of the moisture.
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a muffin tin with paper liners (you will get about 15 muffins so you may need to do this in batches if you only have one muffin pan).
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir in eggs, melted butter, and milk. Stir in feta.
- Fill prepared muffin cups to about 3/4 full. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool 10 minutes in pan, then flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with any remaining batter.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
I had to correct my email address. Thank you Is the whey protein a dry ingredient or a liquid? When is it added? Thank you
Is the whey protein a dry ingredient or a liquid? When is it added? Thank you
I am guessing the zucchini gets stirred in with the dry ingredients, then add the wet. That step is missing in the instructions, but this technique is very similar to other muffin recipes. By the way it’s a delicious muffin!!
Can whey protein be left out of the zucchini bread recipe
When do we add the zucchini in the recipe?
At what point do you put the shredded zucchini into the muffin mixture?