Easy enough to whip together for a weeknight meal and tasty enough to serve your friends- this dish is bursting with flavor and fairly low in fat. Serve with a side of brown rice, green salad or steamed vegetables.
Shrimp with Feta
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small fresh red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- ¼ pound feta, crumbled
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, chiles, oregano, and parsley. Season with pepper and cook, stirring, until bell peppers are soft, about 5 minutes more.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook until they release their juices, about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 2 minutes. Add feta cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Copyright © 2009-2016 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.