This is a simple and healthy low carb Dijon Vinaigrette salad dressing that you can make at home in under two minutes. The secret is in the quality ingredients, and in using a salad dressing shaker, which creates the ‘restaurant dressing’ texture. In our house, it’s a staple. We use it on leafy green salads, cucumber salads, salads with artichoke hearts, or avocados, or even pears. You can make a large amount, store in the refrigerator, and use it over a period of a few days. Just be sure to shake well before each use.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- salt & coarsely ground pepper to taste
- Combine the ingredients in a salad dressing shaker or a small jar with a tight fitting top. Shake well and pour over salad.
- Variation: For a heavier dressing use balsamic vinegar (10g carb).