I am not really sure if I should call this cake or if I should call it quick bread. It can really play both parts, becoming a decadent dessert with a dollop of whipped cream, or a delicious breakfast with a smear of butter. Either way, it makes a wonderful summer treat. Using your slow cooker means enjoying delicious baked goods without heating up your kitchen!
- 2 cups almond flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut flour OR 1/2 cup peanut flour
- 1/4 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, melted
- Grease the insert of a 6 quart slow cooker well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, whey protein, baking powder, and salt. Stir in melted peanut butter, melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and water until well combined.
- Spread about two thirds of the batter in slow cooker and dollop with half of the melted chocolate. Swirl with a knife. Dollop with remaining batter and chocolate and swirl again.
- Bake on low for 3 1/2 hours to 4 hours (it should be just slightly undercooked in the center).
- Turn slow cooker off and let cool, as it will continue to cook for a little bit from the remaining heat in the slow cooker.
- Cut into 12 pieces to serve.