If you’re on Pinterest, chances are you see a lot of stuffed avocado recipes. It makes great sense, really. They are delicious, filling, and healthy. And really, the sky’s the limit as to what you stuff them with! I had some leftover smoked salmon that needed using up, so I quickly whipped up this recipe. Smoked salmon is my favorite food and avocados are my other favorite food. So this was my favorite meal of the week!
Smoked Salmon Stuffed Avocados
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 2 ripe avocados
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dill and capers for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, salmon, dill, lemon juice, and capers. Mix well to combine.
- Slice the avocados in half and remove the pit. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Divide the smoked salmon mixture between the halves and sprinkle with additional dill and capers.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.