We all know we are supposed to be eating more fish in our diet, especially fatty fish like tuna and salmon. But it’s not cheap and it’s not always easy to come up with interesting recipes. My kids love tuna salad but I get tired of the same old, same old. So I spiced it up a little this time. It was delicious served over fresh jicama slices. A perfect light lunch recipe!
- 2 cans albacore tuna
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 large red pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder (or 1/2 tsp chili powder)
- 4 (four) 1/4-inch thick slices jicama (optional, but a fun way to serve it)
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- In a medium bowl, combine the tuna and mayonnaise.
- Break up the tuna with a fork and mix well to combine.
- Stir in the celery, red pepper, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chipotle powder.
- Divide the mixture between the jicama slices, mounding them on top. Sprinkle with cilantro.