Thanksgiving leftovers sometimes stress me out. There can be so much of them and they can last seemingly forever. The turkey goes on and on and on and I have trouble using it all up, but I also don’t want to see it go to waste. Big dinner-sized salads are a good way to repurpose that extra poultry and go a little healthier after your holiday indulgences!
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 4 cups diced leftover turkey
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Cheddar or Pepper Jack)
- Ranch dressing of choice
- Wash, dry, and chop lettuce into small pieces (smaller than bite-size).
- Divide among 4 dinner plates or large bowls.
- Divide pepper, tomatoes, avocado, bacon, and turkey among plates, arranging as you like. Sprinkle each plate with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Pass ranch dressing on the side. Try my Chipotle Ranch recipe for some serious flavor!
*Nutrtional info does not include dressing.