Easy to make and ideal for a crowd, these Spicy Buffalo Mixed Party Nuts will disappear quickly! The perfect way to satisfy the craving for the ever-popular tangy and buttery Buffalo spice without any added carbs or sugar!
Spicy Buffalo Mixed Party Nuts
- ½ pound raw almonds
- ½ pound raw cashews
- ½ pound raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup hot sauce used for Buffalo wings (such as Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce)
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons Blue Cheese Powder (such as Rogue Creamery’s Blue Heaven).
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil and set aside.
- Combine nuts in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine hot sauce, butter and spices. Stir until completely melted but not bubbling. You do not want the butter to separate.
- Once melted, pour over nuts and mix until evenly coated.
- Pour nuts and any remaining hot sauce mixture onto baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, rotating the nuts around every 10 minutes, or until the moisture is absorbed and evaporated.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese powder while hot and allow to cool completely (at least 30 minutes) before eating or storing. Enjoy!
For mild heat, omit the cayenne pepper completely. For medium heat, use ¼ teaspoon cayenne.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.