You’ve got to love a good stuffed mushroom appetizer. They are easy to make and self-contained, so they are the perfect finger food. And the filling possibilities are endless! These vegetarian spinach and cheese mushrooms are sure to appeal to all of your holiday guests. You can easily halve the recipe or scale it up, depending on your party size.
- 8 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 24 medium cremini or button mushrooms, stems removed
- Squeeze as much moisture as possible out of the spinach. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add the spinach and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, and sauté 3 minutes.
- Transfer the spinach mixture to a medium bowl and stir in the ricotta and Parmesan until well combined.
- Place the mushroom caps with the cavities facing up in a large glass or ceramic baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon the filling into the caps, pressing in firmly to fill them and mounding slightly on top.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is bubbly and lightly browned.