Hooray for grilling season! I, for one, welcome it with open arms, since nothing tastes quite as good as meat cooked over an open flame. And creamy mushrooms always take a good steak to the next level! If you are one of the unfortunate few who is experiencing late season snow…just cook these under your broiler. They will be almost as good.
Steak with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 ounces cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 small New York strip steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt butter until hot and frothy. Add mushrooms, sprinkle with salt and pepper and sauté until mushrooms are brown and tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in cream, reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened, another 5 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium (or preheat broiler). Season steaks on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill or broil to desired doneness, about 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove steak and let rest 5 minutes. Spoon mushroom sauce over steaks and serve.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
I think the protein content in your nutrition info is off..there is certainly more than 1.76 grams of protein in a steak?
This recipe is a keeper! We will be making it often, so easy and sooooo good!