How is that holiday season always sneaks up on me? Well thank goodness it’s so easy to make low carb holiday treats like these sugar free chocolate peppermint cups. They will keep your sweet tooth satisfied and help you avoid more sugary temptations!
A few recipe notes: Cocoa butter is a healthy fat but it’s not readily available in most stores. Some Whole Foods carry it but it is best purchased online. If you can’t find it, you can use more coconut oil but your middle layer will be very soft.
It also doesn’t like to mix in well with other ingredients sometimes, which is why the blender works well to force it to emulsify with the coconut oil. The collagen helps as well!
- 4 ounces sugar free dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 ounce cocoa butter or 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 ounces cocoa butter
- Equivalent to 1/4 cup sweetener (powdered or liquid only)
- 2 tbsp collagen peptides
- 1 to 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Line a regular muffin pan with 12 silicone or parchment liners.
- In a heatproof glass bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, combine the dark chocolate and the cocoa butter. Stir until melted and smooth, then remove from heat.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of the mixture to the bottom of each cup and swirl to coat the bottom evenly. Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
- In another heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, combine the coconut oil and the cocoa butter. Stir until melted, then whisk in the sweetener, collagen, and peppermint. Let cool to lukewarm and then transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth and well combined. Add additional sweetener or extract to taste.
- Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups and refrigerate again until set, about 40 minutes.
- Re-warm the remaining chocolate gently and then divide among the muffins cups and swirl to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.