This is my all-time favorite nut milk, and it takes less than a minute to make. Stock jars of cashew butter, and you can make it whenever the craving strikes. The coconut butter/oil in this is worth adding, because it makes the milk particularly creamy and flavorful. This recipe is easy to prepare in any quantity—make half if you just want one glass, or double it for more.
- 2 heaping tablespoons raw, sprouted cashew butter
- 2 cups filtered water
- Stevia, liquid or powdered, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaping teaspoon coconut butter/oil
- A generous pinch of salt (omit if you’re using already salted nut butter)
- In a blender, puree all the ingredients until smooth.
Excerpted from Living Raw Food, by Sarma Melngailis.