Meatloaf is easily one of the most versatile dinner recipes around. You never have to serve it the same way twice. Toss in some different spices, add a new sauce or some bacon, and you have a whole different meal. My kids love tacos so I added some taco seasoning and used chia seeds for the binder instead of breadcrumbs. It was a delicious kid-friendly meal.
- 2 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili powder (more if you like it hotter)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 6 ounces grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup broth or water
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, chia seeds, taco seasoning, chili powder, salt, pepper, eggs, 4 ounces of the cheese, and water. Mix with your hands to combine well.
- Shape mixture into a long, low loaf. Sprinkle top with remaining 2 ounces grated cheese. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 135F for medium.
- Remove and cut into slices. Top with your favorite taco toppings such as sour cream, chopped tomatoes, and avocado.