I’ve been in love with Thai peanut sauce ever since my first taste. It usually contains added sugar, but I’ve found the flavor to be just as good without it. Instead of using it as a sauce to pour over the chicken, I use it as a marinade. It was just as delicious as I’d hoped.
Thai Peanut Grilled Chicken
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken drumsticks and thighs
- Salt and pepper
- In a blender, combine water, peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce or aminos, garlic, red pepper flakes and ginger. Blend until smooth.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Place in a single layer in a large pan and pour marinade overtop. Turn each piece to coat and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Preheat grill to medium. Place chicken, skin-side down, on heated grill and cook 8 to 10 minutes, until skin is crisp (watch for flare ups and move chicken around grill if necessary). Brush with marinade from bottom of pan.
- Turn chicken over, brush with marinade and grill another 5 to 10 minutes, until the internal temperature away from the bone reaches 165F.
- Turn off grill and let chicken sit inside a little longer to stay crisp before serving.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
You mentioned somewhere that if you had to choose one cuisine to eat for the rest of your life that it would be Thai food. I have to agree! Thank you for coming up with this keto version. I can hardly wait!