Recipe courtesy of the Gluten Free Goddess for Diabetes Awareness Month.
The Best Rockin’ Guacamole with Tomatillos & Lime
- 6-8 ripe avocados (depending upon the size)
- 3 tomatillos, chopped
- 2-3 ripe red tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 small red or sweet onion, diced fine
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeded, diced fine
- 1 big bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- 3-4 fresh juicy limes
- Peel and pit the avocados; cut the fruit into chunks and toss into a large bowl.
- Add the chopped tomatillos, tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeños, and cilantro.
- Toss with your bare hands. Season with sea salt to taste. Squeeze fresh lime juice all over the guacamole and mix again.
- Taste test. Add more salt or lime, to taste.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
Photo by Gluten Free Goddess.