Vanilla Pudding Pops
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- Sweetener equivalent to 6 tbsp sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into two pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine whipping cream and almond milk. Bring to just a simmer. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with sweetener and salt until well combined.
- Slowly whisk about half of the hot cream mixture into the yolks, whisking continuously. Then slowly whisk the yolk/cream mixture back into the saucepan and cook until thickened, 4 to 5 more minutes, whisking continuously.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla extract. Sprinkle surface with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Divide mixture among popsicle molds. Freeze one hour, then push wooden sticks three quarters of the way down into the popsicles. Continue to freeze until completely firm, at least another 6 hours.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.