American Diabetes Month isn’t over yet and it’s not too late to get involved in advocacy and in raising diabetes awareness.
The online Master of Public Health program, MPH@GW, at George Washington School of Public Health and Health Services would like to invite you to participate in its new campaign to Walk Away from Diabetes that aims to raise awareness for type 2 diabetes prevention.
If you are a blogger who has a personal story or if you are someone advocating for diabetes prevention, consider sharing your perspective to raise awareness and let others know they are not alone in their struggle against type 2 diabetes.
- Are you or a family member or friend living with diabetes?
- Are you a physician, dietitian or other health professional with an expertise in diabetes?
- Do you work for an organization that supports the prevention of type 2 diabetes?
- Have you personally participated in a walk or awareness campaign to prevent type 2 diabetes?
- Do you have an inspirational story to share around this issue?
You can share a link to your blog in the comment section on MPH@GW’s Facebook page.
Everyone is welcome to participate. For more information see: http://publichealthonline.gwu.edu/walk-away-from-diabetes-invitation/