When it comes to good steak, there is no such thing as too much. I can’t help it, I love the stuff. I was raised on it.
For most of us steak and potatoes are a natural pair, but if you’re looking for a lighter, low-carb way to enjoy a steak meal, a steak salad is definitely a great one. Steak, topped with a browned butter sauce with mushrooms and sage… It’s so delicious, I don’t miss the carb for a minute.
- 12 oz steak (we like boneless rib eye)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 6 tbsp butter
- 12 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- Additional salt and pepper, if desired
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper, and grill or broil to desired doneness (medium or medium-rare).
- Slice steak thinly across the grain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and cook until it is just beginning to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sage, and saute until fragrant and sage is crispy, 4 minutes more.
- Divide spinach between 2 large plates and arrange sliced steak over top.
- Pour mushroom sauce over each and sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.