Adapted from Vittles and Bits
In this simple zucchini chips recipe, I salted the zucchini and let it drain for an hour before baking. I figured that would help crisp things up. Next I oiled the parchment and then oiled the zucchini rounds once they were on the pan. I did not add any additional salt after that, as I know the zucchini chips tend to absorb quite a bit when salted beforehand. I sprinkled on a little pepper, and then some smoked paprika. I baked the zucchini chips for about 45 minutes. I then had to leave the house, so I simply turned off the oven and left the chips there to crisp up. When I came home, I had some delicious spicy baked zucchini chips to snack on!
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Slice zucchini crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices using a mandolin slicer or a sharp knife.
- Place zucchini in layers into a colander or sieve, sprinkling with a little salt with each layer. Let drain one hour.
- Preheat oven to 250F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush parchment with 1 tsp of oil.
- Pat zucchini slices dry with a paper towel and place on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining oil and sprinkle with paprika and ground pepper.
- Bake 45 minutes, then turn off oven and let chips remain inside until crispy, about 1 hour.