Still got zucchini coming out your ears? Thank goodness it’s such a useful low carb vegetable, coming in handy for everything from pasta to cake. For this beautiful zucchini ricotta tart, I simply sliced it very thin on a mandolin slicer. This makes a fabulous side dish or a full “Meatless Monday” meal.
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 medium-large zucchini, thinly sliced cross-wise (use a mandolin if you have one)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 ounces ricotta
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh dill, minced
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9-inch ceramic or glass tart pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, garlic powder and salt. Stir in butter until dough resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into bottom and up sides of pan and bake 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Layer zucchini in a colander and sprinkle each layer with a little salt. Let sit and drain for 30 minutes. Rinse and layer on tea towels or paper towels and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ricotta, eggs, whipping cream, garlic, dill, salt and pepper. Stir in almost all the zucchini slices, reserving about 30 for layering on top.
- Pour mixture into cooled crust. Layer remaining zucchini slices in concentric circles and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake 60 to 70 minutes, or until center is no longer wobbly and a tester comes out clean.