Zucchini has a light and delicate flavor, and the other vegetables in this soup add richness and texture. It’s a low-carb soup, simple to prepare, and packed with vitamins.
- 3 pounds zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup light cream
- 6-7 cups water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fry the onions, celery and carrots in a large pot over a high flame until onions become translucent (5 minutes).
- Add the zucchini and cook, stirring for 2 more minutes. Add the water so the vegetables are well covered and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove from stove and allow to cool.
- Puree the contents of the pot using a hand blender. You can blend the ingredients until they are entirely smooth, but I like to leave small pieces of vegetables so you can see the carrot in the soup.
- Add salt and pepper, and return to the stove. Bring the soup to a boil, lower the flame and allow it to cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and continue cooking for a several minutes without letting the soup boil.
- Serve hot.
Copyright © 2009-2016 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.